SWIMSUIT UP: FOR THE GENTS



The gyms across America are packed, the parks are full of people running, and the yoga classes seem a bit fuller......ahhhhh, summer is upon us once again. A staple of summer fun is always a trip to the beach. Living in Los Angeles, beach life is a big part of my summer life, and you see all kinds of people in all different fashions. There are things I hate, and there are things I like....so here is a few thoughts for the fellas to consider when getting beach ready.

THE DO'S:


PLAID IT UP:



Depending on what you're beach plans are, I love plaid trunks. Because you can go from frolicking in the ocean waves, to throwing on your tank top and popping into a beach side bar for a drink or five. These are your multipurpose shorts for when you're up for whatever on a Sunday Funday.

GIVE EM' SOME COLOR:

As a guy it's hard not to get trapped in the mindset of solid colors and being incredibly plain. Don't be timid dude, stand out, shine. Colors suggest a confidence and a bravado in yourself that I believe women will find attractive.  Just be aware of your skin tone and find the colors that work well you!

DESIGNER:


Women aren't the only ones who are allowed to like designer labels and looks. There's a big enough world of fashion for everyone to get in on their favorite designer. Budget allowing of course. My one tip would be this. Don't overdress your location, this holds true for night wear just as much as swim wear. No need to rock Gucci to the lake behind your parents house. No sir, these shorts should say something like, "Hello Miami".


THE DO NOTS:

Every summer I see plenty of this and I always shake my head. When oh when will we grow up? Here are a few looks I wish would just go away.


THE BAGGY GYM SHORTS


Unless you are Justin Bieber and or 17 and younger....don't. Enough said.

JEAN SHORTS: aka the black man's swimsuit...


I can never understand why you would swim in jean shorts? But nonetheless, I always see some hood dudes running around the beach in their big ass jean shorts. Not to mention how unsafe it is because when them bad boys get wet the weight of that cotton becomes tremendous. Swimsuits probably cheaper then them damn shorts. No excuses.

SAGGY BOTTOMS:

SAGGY BOTTOMS:

Sagging is unnecessary at all times, but I never understood it at the beach. And this pic is not even bad, but you try google searching "guys sagging swim trunks" and you'll see why I gave up so quickly lol. Nonetheless draws under swim trunks never seems necessary for me....let it hang lol. But if you are, at least keep your shorts up.


Hope these tips help you out, don't forget sunscreen...and have a great summer guys.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSITIONS

TOP 5 SONGS TO STUNT ON YOUR EX

UNLOCKED