SHOULD'VE COULD'VE WOULD'VE




I should’ve tried harder, I should’ve tried to make you a part of my world
I should’ve made it clear, I should’ve made you my girl
I should’ve of asked you to stay, I should’ve told you not to leave.
I should’ve acted better, I should’ve been the man you needed me to be.
I should’ve held you a little tighter, I should’ve kissed you a little more
I should’ve been there when you needed me, I should’ve never let your feet hit the floor
I should’ve said I love you, I should’ve told you the truth.
I should’ve listened when you spoke , I should’ve talked to you.
I should’ve looked you in the eyes, I should’ve kept you close.
I should’ve kept it real, I should’ve loved you the most




I could’ve of shown you the world, I could’ve made you smile.
I could’ve been your world, I could’ve raised our child.
I could’ve spoiled you with you love, I could’ve held your hand.
I could’ve made you happy, I could’ve made things grand.
I could’ve of stood by your side, I could’ve had your back.
I could’ve encouraged you, I could’ve kept your mind intact.
I could’ve satisfied your needs, I could’ve supported your dreams.
I could’ve given you my all, I could’ve quieted your screams.
I could’ve been your future, I could’ve been your partner in life
I could’ve been your soul mate, I could’ve made you my wife.




We would’ve changed the world, we would’ve been forever.
We would’ve started a love, we would’ve always stayed together.
We would’ve had a family, we would’ve shared a past.
We would’ve been together, we would’ve made it last.
We would’ve loved each other, we would’ve worked as two
We would’ve been great lovers, we would’ve been best friends too.
We would’ve walked the earth together; we would’ve been husband and wife.
We would’ve been two lovers; we would’ve lived one life.
We should’ve, we could’ve, and we would’ve.
We should’ve, we could’ve, we would’ve.



Comments

  1. Wow, really decent. Well done. So difficult to get the pace right with that repetition, but I think you cracked it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir! Yeah the repetition can be tricky if it doesn't flow.

      Delete
  2. Wow, really decent. Well done. So difficult to get the pace right with that repetition, but I think you cracked it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful David. I think you nailed every feeling associated with a lost love. Very well written and organized as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSITIONS

TOP 5 SONGS TO STUNT ON YOUR EX

Grinds My Gears: The Gym Edition