IN MY DREAMS...

I fell in love in a dream, I fell in love with a dream,
It was the ideal moment, it was the picture perfect scene.
Reality was too harsh, the real of it unfair,
So I drifted off into a dream, knowing that she'd be there.
When I close my eyes is when I wake up,
She lies there with no make-up,
Pretending like she's asleep,
But really wanting for me to wake up.
I stare at her for what feels like hours,
We're stuck in the bed,
Listening happily to the sound of rain showers.
As soft as the kisses I place on her head.
It's an early autumn day, in our big loft in the city,
With the floor to ceiling windows, the fall can be so pretty.
And we're wrapped up in our covers, our Egyptian cotton sheets,
And the smell of her hair, is just so wonderfully sweet.
And we lay and talk for hours, about our trips around the globe,
London and Paris, and our most recent trip to Rome,
And of all the beautiful places, none of them was like home,
Home is where your smile is, you're all the home I know.
Our big city loft, with brick walls and stone cold floors
And the sun lights in the ceiling, and the extra wide metal door.
Us flirting in the kitchen, together making breakfast.
Bacon, eggs, and pancakes, because I know you love them best.
I just stare her in my tee shirt, she knows that drives me wild.
She has the cutest little knees, and I know how dumb that sounds.
But we're in love in my dream, we make love in my dream,
It's like the sun comes up just for us in my dream.
There's nobody better than us in my dream,
No better place for us, in my dream,
There's time for us to be us in my dream,
Our time is never to be up in my dream,
The world it isn't so tough in my dream,
And our love, it never gave up in my dream,
So every time that I wake up, I hang my head and I scream,
For I'd rather stay sleep, even if just a dream.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSITIONS

TOP 5 SONGS TO STUNT ON YOUR EX

Grinds My Gears: The Gym Edition