FITNESS & FASHION


I'm in the gym a lot. I'm what is commonly known as a gym rat. Whether working out or playing basketball, I spend a good amount of time there. And the one thing I always notice is how people dress in the gym. It wasn't even a concern for me before I started going almost every day, but once you have that kind of schedule you'll find you can never have enough gym clothes. I realized to some people, gym fashion is very important, perhaps too important, and there are all types of gym folks in regards to fashion.

I'm what I would call a "regular guy" when it comes to fashion in the gym. In my opionion if a man is spending too much time worrying about what he is wearing in the gym then he has problems. Some old gym shorts you've had since high school and a cut up tee shirt that you bought in myrtle beach on spring break is really all you need. Now this may only be an L.A. thing...but I have some major complaints with some of these dudes in the gym out here. 

Example 1: SKINNY SWEATPANTS GUY

What in the entire f*ck is skinny sweatpants? Seriously dude. How did this become a thing? Who put these on and said, "yeah, these will work" ?????  And what's worse is they come in multiple styles as if regular grey wasn't enough, no let's have fatigue and polka dots too. SMDH. 

Example 2: TIGHTS GUY
I can't believe I even have to bring this up, but unless you are at track practice for the olympics, swim team, ballet, or some sort of extreme winter sport, your ass should not be walking around a gym in just tights. I don't give a f*#k what your excuse is, take your ass back in the locker room and find some shorts.

There's other things that piss me off, like sunglasses indoors creeper guy, or super thin tank top guy with all his nipples out, but who has time for all of that. Let's get to the ladies.

It's more obvious that women care about their appearance when it comes to the gym wear. Not only for fashion reasons, but for comfort reasons as well. What is comfortable on you, and what you are comfortable showing. Cause men don't give a damn if they look fat in shorts, but women seem to care. Personally I think it's cool when they have the matching outfits and what not, looks good. But let me make a few quick points.

Example 1: REGULAR GIRL
This is what the average "normal" girl is wearing in the gym. Whether she is working out, taking a spin class, or jazzercise. This is cute, stylish, and functional, and you are well balanced person and I appreciate your effort.

Example 2: WITH YO THIRSTY ASS
Are you here to work out or are you here to turn tricks? It's one thing to want to look sexy in the gym, I get that, it's empowering to be proud of your body but come on. Save that for the club and the pool where you wearing your barely there bikini. I can't focus with your ass all in my face!

Again, many more examples I could throw out there, like if you have big ass titties, buy the sports bra that actually supports them sweater pillows and don't be on the treadmill with your lady lumps slapping you in the face distracting us all. Or if you are wearing your cheerleading shorts from high school (10 years ago) and all your ass out, don't mean mug me when you catch me looking.

Well that's my rant...hmmmm what am I wearing to the gym today?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSITIONS

TOP 5 SONGS TO STUNT ON YOUR EX

Grinds My Gears: The Gym Edition