THE GIRL NEXT DOOR


There was something about her...about her smile that captured me and held me hostage, immobilized. I found myself trying to pin point what made her smile so great. What made a smile like that I wondered? A nose, the eyes, the lips? How could a perfect stranger feel so familiar to look at? After all she was just that....perfect....and a stranger. Her hair, curly and light, fell around her face like golden brown leaves in a tree, falling gracefully from an early autumn breeze. She had a look about her that reminded me of Thanksgiving. Home cooked food, a mothers hug, and children playing in the yard. What made a smile like that? How could someone look so unselfish in a selfie. In all my life I don't believe I've ever had a truly "beautiful morning", but certainly this is what it looks like. She was a beautiful song, a perfect chemistry of sound and instrument. I kept trying to pin point what it was about her....and then I heard it...the song...it was Duke Ellington's "In a sentimental mood". She was a Love Jones. Her smile was the equivalent of walks in the park and nights by the ocean and lazy Saturday mornings where the rain came down lightly and the sheets were as soft as her skin.  What made a smile like that.....everything.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSITIONS

TOP 5 SONGS TO STUNT ON YOUR EX

UNLOCKED