CLOSER TO AND FURTHER FROM...


Sitting all alone on the phone conversation with Momma,
Told her how I feel about chasing my dreams,
You see the closer that you get to touching the sun,
The other stars to reach are further than they seem,
What do you mean my son? The concerned look on her face
I said I'm only getting older take a look at my space.
I realized all this on my last trip home,
You see I've only had a place I never had me a home,
And everybody moving on, my brother got his own,
Kids calling him daddy, boys getting grown.
Proud to watch him live and be a family man,
As I young boy I dreamed about making family plans,
Vacation to Disney World and hold my families hand,
Morning bus chronicles and overpriced mini-vans.
But there ain't no love in the heart of city,
Hollywood is full of glamour but the road ain't pretty,
But no pity, after all, I'm in love with the grind.
Alone in my apartment with my heart and my mind,
I made goals for myself, and I attend to reach them.
I'm trying to save the family, even though I ain't preaching
That's why I walk this road, I walk this road.
Just me on my own, hoping there's a lord.
One who can truly prove, there's power in the words,
Cause if so than I know my pen is mightier than the sword. 
Little brother getting older and I'm starting to worry,
The boy loves to hoop but I don't think his future in that.
We need more Martin Luther King’s then we do Steph Curry's
And I need his heart and mind to be ready for that.
I don't take enough time to tell my family I love em'
But I'm up against the clock and the pressure is on,
So I just pray they know I'm always thinking of em'
But I can't rest one minute until the job is done.
And I'm getting much closer, yeah I'm so much closer,
They say I write from my heart so I put heart right on my sleeve,
So they fall in love with the words of the orchestrator,
And pay to place my thoughts up on the silver screen.
Sitting all alone on the phone, conversations with momma,
She ask me is it worth it, and I respond "everyday" 
So she tells me don’t let anything stop you from achieving your dreams
And be thankful in knowing you come from a family that prays.

AMEN. 
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSITIONS

TOP 5 SONGS TO STUNT ON YOUR EX

Grinds My Gears: The Gym Edition