STILL

 Still, still attracted by the bright lights,

City life seems to be my one and only steady wife.
Committed love crimes and I've been sentenced to the single life.
Rather that then to be one of these masked up brothers living double lives.
Nah not for me that seems a troubled life.
Rather tell you the truth and hurt you than to live a happy lie.
Still, still that love look good when you see it.
Baecation photos for the gram so the whole world can see it.
You the last man standing everybody else done got on bended knees,
Last one in the city and they ain't got time to come and see.
Too busy planning new homes in new neighborhoods,
That kind of cul-de-sac love where you know your neighbors good.
Still, still dream chasing yeah I've been running and running,
They ask sarcastically how it's coming, it's coming.
And when I hit I won't forget who was in the cheer section.
Late night messages of encouragement and affection.
How you still down for me even after the way I was?
How they still not down with me even after they hear the buzz?
Still, still even after the wild nights,
The day drinking right into the party nights.
Still after loving and losing and not being treated right.
Still after the post love hookups and getting to hold you tight,
Still after the one off text of you just checking in,
Still before I blow up and everybody start checking in.
Still could do it different still time for me to settle down.
Still, best to be still until life settles down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSITIONS

TOP 5 SONGS TO STUNT ON YOUR EX

UNLOCKED