DON'T FIGHT ME...

The days are getting shorter, the nights are getting colder, telling myself it's over...
Summer time is over, and only having her some of the time, I need that to be over,
I think I should be closer, she wants me to move closer, so maybe I can come over,
I just want time to hold her, lay her head on my shoulder, let her know what it's like to fall in love with a soldier.
I'm a confident man, I know who I am, but her eyes always make me weak,
Should I change who I am, just to hold her hand, or do I just go on being me?
What do you mean? I mean what do you mean? You mean continue being mean?
Savage lifestyle in these streets being catered by women that you know you don't even need?
I mean that's what they expect you to be, expectations you can't seem to exceed,
Because you pretend that you don't wanna stop, but there's so much more that you really need.
They say fake it until you make it, well we can't afford to fake it, and I don't wanna fake it no more,
If I'm the one that you want, we don't have front, then go ahead and make me your's.
Take me I'm yours, but make sure you sure, don't fake it cause it needs to be pure.
What good is being rich if you don't have anyone to spoil?
What good is building a kingdom if there is no queen to behold as royal,
Someone who's loyal, who will be down for you, even if our kingdom should foil,
We'd rise from the ashes to conquer the masses and re-build it on new soil.
Can we make it happen? I know I'm good with words but right now I'm looking for some action,
You know lights, camera, action. Hollywood is where it happens,
But everything I write is so New York it makes sense for me to get to packing.
But what if she doesn't like me? What if I make that leap, and get off my feet...
Just to find out she's not gon' be wifey, cause you know that it's likely,
My past playing tricks on my future, staring in the mirror yelling "why you gotta fight me".?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSITIONS

TOP 5 SONGS TO STUNT ON YOUR EX

UNLOCKED