Waste Your Time

Late nights sending smoke signals through my instagram,

To let her know I'm back in town just to see the fam, 

She see em' and... think about dipping out just to breathe again...

Slip away from him to be alone, just so that she can respond, 

And I just wanna put a smile on her face but I don't have the time...

Crazy to think that the only thing keeping yo wife from becoming just your BM

Is me having an ounce of integrity and a desire to a better man...

Even though I had her heart when I was rocking Letterman's

That young sweet boy who would even write her letter's and....

Skate to slow songs where I would hold her hand. 

Normally I seek trouble on the double so I can jot it down,

Making scripts out of real things that I live around...

But this is one story that I can't indulge for the sake of it, 

Can't go around breaking hearts just to make a flick..

But what a story it would be if I came in to the picture, like what a plot twist, 

Like who is this? Audience trying to figure out if he's the hero or the villain

And it's hard to discern cause either way I'm still killing...killing me softly.

It's seems you found him but only after you lost me and all these lines are costly

But I write em down anyway knowing exactly what they'll cost me. 

And trust that even though you not with me you never lost me..

But it's just getting hot in L.A. and I've got work to do, 

Wishing one day that I could show you sunsets with a perfect view,

Guess I'll have to settle for drinks on Sunset Blvd with some girl who's..

Not quite everything to me but she somebody to waste the time with,

You know, movies, popcorn, and have a glass of wine with...

Wanna let my emotions come out of my mouth and say them out loud,

But then it would be too real and I know it's better to just write them down,

Just know I live in an alternate universe when I'm up in the clouds,

One where everything we ever had worked perfectly out. 

But when the wheels touchdown so do I , and I get back to work,

You may let him waste your time but don't let him waste your worth.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSITIONS

TOP 5 SONGS TO STUNT ON YOUR EX

UNLOCKED