WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT...


Sitting in the hotel bar drinking Jameson,
Wondering to myself, damn, what's her name again?
Similar situation, the one that I am always in.
And we talk about the separate worlds that we're both living in,
She says "she's never gonna settle down, no not again,
The situations changed these men are no longer gentlemen,
They not opening doors, and no longer pull out your seat.
They not taking care of the home,
But yet they expect to eat".
I say "your experiences seem to be so individual,
You can't blame the world because of one individual".
"But if that one person is your world and they blow it up,
Everybody gets hit in the crossfires cause love is physical".
That information she provided was truly pivotal,
I understood her so much better those words were critical.
I told her "I been hurt before, better yet I've been crushed,
When love hits you that hard who do you fucking trust?
Or do you shut down the emotion and you just fuck and lust?
And say fuck it I'm just fucking and trust I get this nut?"
Too real for her, too real for her,
My words were cold as ice, I put a chill on her.
So I switched the conversation to music when it was soulful,
The good music our music that made love seem so hopeful.
The "I'll make love to you" and "Tell Me" what you wants,
"Meeting in My Bedroom" or "Feenin" for your love.
Slow Jam mixtapes of all our hits,
Got us in good mood so another drink we sip,
And our conscious it starts to slip,
Memories of romantic trips
Just two broken down souls,
Reminiscing on shit.
I told her "I had a room upstairs I think she'd love to view it.
Put on my playlist of the best of the  90's music,
I know it ain't quite love but I think you'd love to do it".
She just laughed and said "What's love go to do with it"?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSITIONS

TOP 5 SONGS TO STUNT ON YOUR EX

UNLOCKED