DISTANT LOVER


Sitting in the bar one night having a conversation with a pretty girl,
Heard a question that was all too familiar, she asked,
So how come you’re still single, as she looked me dead in my eyes,
Like she was suspecting lies, but to her very surprise,
I was drunk enough to tell the truth...
Are you player, her follow up question?
Rightfully asked as my charm would make that suggestion,
But honestly I say, I'm not unlike any other story you've heard before
Much like any man that's been hurt before
I've developed a system that will help me avoid the pain
Never fall for a woman I could actually obtain
So I keep the good ones far at a distance,
I'm talking this is LA and that is New York
That way things have a reason for falling apart
Gives me an excuse for never sharing my heart
So most of the girls I spend time with in Cali,
Are about as deep as the rain fall.
That is to say they are shallow.
She smiled, laughed a bit, she knew it was true
So if you found love here I mean what would you do?
Probably run I guess, tell myself there's no way that she one not yet
These words hit her hard, I could see the scars she had
She'd been hurt too I guess that's why she ain't even get that mad.
Where do we go from here, I mean do we ever trust again
Will you ever be an Us again, are you will stay single and live to bust again
All good questions she asked and I ain't answer, bartender another round for us both
Drowning away the sorrows in a glass of scotch, was the only thing keeping us close
My mom called me let me know my high school sweetheart just got engaged
Although I think it was deeper than that.
It was to really let me know that my life is moving slow, and everybody moving on but me
I know the feeling, she said as she finished her drink, then she took another second so she Could properly think,
My last boyfriend who cheated on me, is engaged to girl who made him happier than me
Smiling in his facebook pictures with his lady an my aunt thought that I should probably see.
Yeah sometimes family can be the worst enemy. And thanks for talking and being a bar friend to me,
By the way I never asked, so where are you from?
She said she on vacation for the weekend and that she currently resides in D.C.
No wonder we getting along so well, long distance love is all it could be.
Then she said just for the night come be a lover to me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSITIONS

TOP 5 SONGS TO STUNT ON YOUR EX

Grinds My Gears: The Gym Edition