THE TIME TRAVELER



I asked myself if I could go back in time where would I go?
If I could somehow change my path knowing what I know.
Would I tell myself play it safe, change my degree.
Be an accountant that seems like something safe to be.
Would I alter my dreams, based off the realities.
Try to save loved one from fatalities
Try to keep myself from taking casualties,
Or maybe stop me from sex so casually.
Let me know that its quality over quantity,
Cause the numbers are like ghost forever haunting me
I can travel back to my first love,
tell her forget it and skip it cause I'm her worst love.
I could save her some tears and wasted years,
The children we never had and all our fears.
I could be the one to save her heart,
By erasing me from the story I never played a part.
Maybe I could travel back to my early life,
And convince my father not to leave his wife,
I mean how would that change the man I am,
More father son lessons on how to be a man
Or maybe I could go and just sit and watch,
Take notes on how it all just fell apart.
A step by step guide on what not to do,
They say failure isn't an option but you gotta choose.
Damn, am I being too real now..
I mean can they feel what I feel now..
If I could travel back in time what would I say,
Don't be scared, don't run, stick it out and stay
Would we have made it, would our love been sacred
Us being parents, living paycheck to paycheck
Happy wife happy life, that's what they say
But if I'm not happy is that okay...
They say that it's with time that things are healed,
But I think in time, all scars are concealed.
If I could go back in time, what would I do,
Would I be better if none of that were ever true...
Because I feel that those moments define me,
And it seems that each scar designed me
If I changed it all then where would I find me?
You are who you are I must remind me.
If I could travel through time what would I change...
Would I alter it all or keep it the same.
A pointless conversation to have I know it true,
But if you could travel through time what would you do?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSITIONS

TOP 5 SONGS TO STUNT ON YOUR EX

UNLOCKED