CLOSURE: Hindsight of love

His last words:
Hey, I know it’s been a long time since we last spoke. I honestly didn’t mean for it to be this long. I heard that you got engaged, congratulations. I mean, I was shocked when I heard this. I guess as stupid as it sounds, I always liked the thought that there was a chance we would find each other again. You know, that somehow the world would lead us back to each other. I guess this is my last opportunity, to say all the things I should have said then. I remember when I first met you, my God you were so beautiful. I had heard people talk about butterflies before, not thinking that was a real thing…but boy did I have them when we had our first date. I’d been in love before, but this was completely different. You were completely different. It’s crazy how everything can be going right, then you blink, and everything changes. It’s how a couple handles that change that defines them, and or divides them. It just happened so quickly, and I didn’t know how to deal with it. How was I to help you, when you wouldn’t let me? I gave up so easily, why did I give up so easily? I just turned away from you, went out and did my own thing when I should have been there with you. Why didn’t we fight for our love? It could have been my name on those wedding announcements. I guess I wonder all the basic questions that a man does when his past lover finds a new love; Is he better than me? Do you love him more than me? He couldn’t possibly love you more than I did. But then I realize I know he can’t.  Because his version of you is not like mine.  People change, and the woman I had, he can never have. So you will forever live in my heart and mind as my girl. Our memories will never be tainted; our moments will always be priceless. I wish you best, and I thank you for the time we had together. I will always love you.
Sincerely yours,
*********
Her last words:
It’s crazy that I am getting this message now. I’m sitting alone in my bed, and the radio is playing our song. I have wanted to talk to you for so long. I’ve had so much to say. I remember the day you approached me, I knew who you were, as your reputation had preceded you. I felt like a high school cheerleader meeting the starting quarterback.  I was amazed by you. You were the type of girl ever girl dreams about having. I can’t believe things changed so quickly either, I was just going through so much that I did not know how to handle it. I often think if we had met when I was older, wiser, we would have made it. I know it’s as much my fault as it was yours. I didn’t make it easy to help me. I didn’t know how to let you do so. I just isolated myself. I saw you getting further and further away from me, and I wanted to reach out and grab you and pull you close, bring you back in….but I didn’t. I don’t know why we didn’t fight for our love, as much as I hate to say it, I think we didn’t fight for it, because it just wasn’t what we needed. It was what we both wanted, but just not what we needed.  No man will ever have the girl that you fell in love with, she is forever yours. I often dream that in another world, in a different dimension, there is another version of us, and they did the opposite of what we did. They fought for their love, they fought and they won. They had the children I dreamed we would have. They lived the lives I prayed we would live. But in this world, the painful reality is all too clear. Our love will always be cherished. Your kisses will never be forgotten, your touch will always be missed. But I wish you the best, and I thank you for the time we had together, I too, will always love you.
Sincerely,
********

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSITIONS

TOP 5 SONGS TO STUNT ON YOUR EX

UNLOCKED