A GENERATION OF PLAYERS....


Feels a little bit colder outside, yep a little chilly,
Like growing up and realizing in the real world they never free willy.
He still locked up in his tank doing tricks for fish,
Funny thing is I feel like I'm doing the same shit,
Stuck in this cubicle like look at me boss I did work,
Looking at my paycheck like damn this what my soul worth,
This why my soul hurts, walking this whole earth,
Walking on this road alone until my soles hurt,
Looking for love in all the right places,
But tragically it's littered with all the wrong the faces,
Life is a game of spades know who with play with,
Cause these days players is cutting all the aces,
I guess this generation ain't got no hearts,
But they heavy in the clubs though,
And they doing whatever they can to shine,
Because the diamonds have the best glow. 
Had a conversation with my father the other day and he told me,
Nobody should be fifty years old and still be lonely.
It reminded me of a Chris Rock joke he had told, see
It's either married and bored, or single and lonely.
Boring ain't that bad said my dad sitting alone in the bar,
I nodded my head in agreement driving alone in the car.
Words of wisdom from a man who never really taught me much,
Other than to learn from his mistakes and promise to never make as much.
I wonder, is it bravery or cowardice that motivates my aching heart?
If you never start a family then you'll never break it apart,
I'm doing right by you by leaving before it goes too far,
Genetically predisposed to leave your heart with open scars.
It's better this way believe me I'm doing you a favor,
Never fall in love with a man cursed a generational player. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSITIONS

TOP 5 SONGS TO STUNT ON YOUR EX

UNLOCKED