ROMANTICIZING


I fall in love too fast romanticizing the situation,
Ready to be in love before we even started dating.
I guess in part it's due to my vivid imagination,
Skip to happily ever after I have no time for patience.
Meet a girl, get a number, text but never call back,
Auditioning for love but you never get a call back.
Couldn't act the part so I guess you gotta fall back,
Nickelodeon dreams, but it's never all that.
I guess it's all because I grew up a Disney Kid,
Wanting to fall in love just like the Disney characters did,
Looking for Cinderella hoping that glass slipper fits,
Magic carpet rides through the city watching the sun set.
So when I see her for the first time, it's love at first sight
Birds chirping all around gliding in the sunlight
And our first conversation is a song that we sing right,
Lyrics so powerful the stars seem to take flight.
But Quasimodo was the hero but he didn't get the girl,
Looks are still everything, it's the perception of the world.
Cinderella got prince charming, but still he was a prince,
Aladdin became the Sultan, now he has some common cents,
Beauty may have loved the beast, but the beast was paying rent,
Pocahontas landed John Smith and he moved her out a tent,
Fairy Tales as a grown up, imaginations get blown up,
In real life Shrek won't never get a Fiona.
Yet and still when I see her, I wonder how I'd greet her,
Tell her that she's beautiful and how it's a pleasure to meet her.
She's one in a million, I think I hear Aaliyah,
4 page letters describing how much I need her.
I fall in love too fast romanticizing the situation,
Ready to be in love before we even started dating.
Daydreaming our relationship before we ever start relating.
I guess it's that modern day love, I'm no good at waiting.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSITIONS

TOP 5 SONGS TO STUNT ON YOUR EX

UNLOCKED