WHAT IF...

What if... when we were making love crazy..
And you whispered in my ear,
Don't pull out, lets make a baby.
And I obeyed, because you had me dazed,
Would we be parents to a kid that simply amazed?
Playing patty cake and peek a boo with our child,
Doing whatever it takes to make her smile.

What if... when you told me you were leaving,
Instead of saying go ahead,
I got right down on my knees and,
Cried out please baby please,
Please don't leave I'll give you everything you need.
Everything in me, all that I can be.
And you saw me drop my pride and you knew,
That everything that I was saying was true.
So you stayed, and we never fell apart.
The love never died and I never broke your heart?

What if...when we first met you were single,
And instead of shaking hands,
We both had time to mingle?
Chemistry always great, but the timing never right,
But in this scenario we hit it just right,
Would we have skated to that slow jam?
Both holding hands, Water Runs Dry by Boyz to Men.
Would you have told me that you were looking for a man,
And I responded that I was looking for a girl that could be friend.
And you rolled into my heart to stay forever.
A lover and friend, that's how you stay together.?

What if... I really knew what I had.
And I never acted up,
And I didn't treat you bad.
And I realized that the grass ain't really greener,
And the love was pure with you, it will only get meaner,
Out here on them streets all alone chasing sheets,
Had a good girl at home, but got distracted by the freaks.
Mistakes of a young man, who had good girl at home,
Spending too much time with his dogs, looking for a bone.
So now he all alone, listening to a song,
Sitting at his desk, working on a poem,
Thinking what if......thinking what if....
He looks back to past, to not cry he has to laugh,
As he tries to do the math,
Thinking what if..... Thinking what if.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSITIONS

TOP 5 SONGS TO STUNT ON YOUR EX

Grinds My Gears: The Gym Edition