FAMILIAR STRANGERS


We’re just two familiar strangers,

With a distant love, there’s always a present danger

And they say that distance makes the heart grow fonder,

But I’m not trying to keep you away any longer.

Friendly text messages and phone calls just won’t cut it,

If you could be inside of my mind when I’m playing “what if”

Like what if you hopped on a plane late in the night,

And I could wake up to your smile in the morning light.

Or What If I showed up at your door right out of the blue,

And I opened up the doors, to my brand new spaceship coupe.

What if we hopped inside and we took off to the moon,

What if I’m saying this too late, what if I’m saying this too soon?

What if its infatuation and eventually it fades

What if we only have this moment and we keep throwing away our days

What if I stop with the what’s if and the worries and the fears,

All we have is today, and that day we have is here.

But how could I be there, when I’m always over here

And how could we get close, if were never ever near

See the problem is we’re just two familiar strangers

And with a distant love, there’s always a present danger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRANSITIONS

TOP 5 SONGS TO STUNT ON YOUR EX

Grinds My Gears: The Gym Edition